On 28 September 2020, the Romanian Data Protection Authority published its 2019 Activity Report.
In a nutshell, the key numbers for the Romanian DPA’s activities performed over 2019 include:
- 5,808 received complaints (up from 4,822 in the previous year);
- 233 data breach notifications;
- 912 new opened investigations;
- 28 fines amounting a total of RON 2,339,291;
- 134 warnings issued and 128 corrective measures applied
- 207 pending court cases in various procedural stages;
- 1,156 opinions issued on matters related to the protection of personal data (up from 778 in the previous year).