On 28 September 2020, the Romanian Data Protection Authority published its 2019 Activity Report.
In a nutshell, the key numbers for the Romanian DPA’s activities performed over 2019 include:
- 5,808 received complaints (up from 4,822 in the previous year);
- 233 data breach notifications;
- 912 new opened investigations;
- 28 fines amounting a total of RON 2,339,291;
- 134 warnings issued and 128 corrective measures applied
- 207 pending court cases in various procedural stages;
- 1,156 opinions issued on matters related to the protection of personal data (up from 778 in the previous year).
The full report is available here and the press release is available here (only in Romanian).